Your Business

728x90

Friday 14 June 2013

Kanye's New York Times Interview: What We Learned


The 36-year-old musician and father-to-be; Kanye West, after a long break of not speaking to the media decided to break his silence to the New York Times, less than a week before the release his sixth studio album, "Yeezus."

Here are a few things we learned about West from the interview:

On justice and being the "Michael Jordan of music'

"Justice...It could be clearing a path to make it fair within the arena that I play," West said. "You know if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, 'This is wrong.'"

On Relationship with Kim K.

"Any woman that you're in love with or loves you is going to command a certain amount of, you know, energy," he said. "It's actually easier to focus in some ways...I'm the type of rock star that likes to have a girlfriend, you know? I'm the type of soul that likes to be in love and likes to be able to focus. And that inspires me."

On Fatherhood

"I don't want to explain too much into what my thoughts on, you know, fatherhood are, because I've not fully developed those thoughts yet. I don't have a kid yet," he said before adding, "I just don't want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn't America's baby."

On Legacy

"I think that Kanye West is going to mean something similar to what Steve Jobs means," the rapper said. " I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of the Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. I've been connected to the most culturally important albums of the past four years, the most influential artists of the past ten years."


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...