Your Business

728x90

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Nigerian Actor: Emeka Ike Reveals Why He Quit Acting & The Problems Facing Nollywood.

-->


The  Nigerian Actor Emeka Ike Reveals in a recent interview why He quit acting and the problems facing Nollywood;
"It’s not only me you don’t see in movies these days. You don’t see other big names as well. You don’t see all of us the way you used to see us then. We aren’t that current and regular as before. This is because lately, a problem I have been lamenting over has sent everybody back to the drawing board..
So, we are all making one movie in a year now. I just made my own movie recently. What they are doing now isn’t the Nollywood l know. Now, they are making a movie and cutting it into 10 parts".
.
He further explained that "I have so many detractors in the industry and this resulted from my many grouses with some stakeholders. Another problem I have stems from my opposition to the international cable system. I questioned why they should be showing many of our movies without paying us, which is against the UNESCO charter. Contract or no contract, there is a UNESCO charter that mandates them to pay us and we are signatories to it. I’ve been complaining about it before 2009".

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...